Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Saturday, July 16, 2005 Shopping Therapy To The Rescue

My daughter was feeling quite down and very teary eyed over everything! She is getting ready to go on a two week trip with her dad and her brothers and is very "stressed" for lack of a better word. She's worried that she'll forget something or get in trouble with her dad for bringing too much (he just doesn't understand girls). OK, maybe needing a separate suitcase just for shoes is a bit extreme, but what can I say, I raised her right! She's also worried because she didn't "start" today which means "it" will happen during the trip (I've got news for her, with all of her weeping and moodiness, "it's" on "its" way). At my suggestion, we went out to run some "errands", which I later explained to her was a code word for shopping spree! We got our eyebrows done, we had a Starbucks, we got stuff for her trip, then I surprised her with her birthday gift, a digital camera. By the time we got home, she was smiling from ear to ear and bouncing around the house taking pictures of everything! So, let's call this a scientific study that proves shopping really is therapy!

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 3:08 PM :: 2 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------