Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Thursday, July 28, 2005 My Makeup & My Money Are Melting Away In Texas...not to mention my mind!


The a/c saga continues… I have been such a good girl shopping around that I think that I am now satisfied that I am not totally being ripped off. The cost is so high because we have to replace the outside unit; the inside unit; all new duct work; add two additional vents and adding an intake on the other side of the house. But what has surprised me is the range of cost for all of this (who am I kidding…I’ve been shell shocked throughout this whole process).

Estimate #1 $8600.00
Estimate #2 $7500.00
Estimate #3 $6100.00
Estimate #4 $6250.00
Estimate #5 $5200.00

So hopefully next week we can be comfortable in the house between 4 and 7 pm. again. I know hubby and the boy are probably looking forward to some meals cooked since my kitchen has been shut down, and we will actually be able to have friends over and entertain again (well maybe not we’ll be broke…lol).


UPDATE:
Saw this on The Grass Isn't Greener site and a few others' sites. Due to the above, I guess I'm putting myself up for sale:

I am worth $1,554,050 on HumanForSale.com

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 11:35 AM :: 1 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------