Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Friday, July 01, 2005 Sandra Day O'Connor leaving Supreme Court


O'Connor Posted by Picasa
I heard this morning that Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor is resigning. Since she is our first Female Supreme Court Justice (and native Texan I might add) I wanted to bring her to the forefront of our blog. She was probably the most important "swing" vote on the bench and whether you agree with her politics or not, she has always voted what she believes in and not straight down party lines (as it should be). Thank you O’Connor, you have helped pave the way for women to follow their dreams.

"This is to inform you of my decision to retire from my position as an associate justice of the Supreme Court of the United States, effective upon the nomination and confirmation of my successor. It has been a great privilege indeed to have served as a member of the court for 24 terms. I will leave it with enormous respect for the integrity of the court and its role under our constitutional structure."

Just click the link to see the full article at CNN’s website.

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 9:49 AM :: 1 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------