Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 The Difference Between 20 & 40

What got me thinking about this was that I went shopping yesterday. I really don’t care for malls so I usually go to shopping strip centers. I was gone for approximately four and a half hours and went to five stores. At the end of the shopping spree, my feet and low back hurt, not severe or anything but just enough to irritate me and I was exhausted. I pondered how that at 20, this wouldn’t had been anything, for that matter I could have gone all day!

What is strange is mentally I don’t feel too much different than at 20. Yes I am wiser, but all and all, I still feel young, alive, looking forward to what the day has to bring. I have started to feel little aches and pains here and there, but for the most part they are not going to slow me down and just go ignored. Of course some of the things I did at 20 I would not even dream of doing now (that self preservation thing kicks in now).

I have heard people say “I can do at 40 what I could do at 20”, to that I say BULL CORNS! If you tell me that you can do the same at 40 as you did at 20, then I say you didn’t do much at 20!

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 8:51 AM :: 0 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------