Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Sunday, June 26, 2005 A Day at the Beach

What a blast! I took two of the three kids to the beach today. Yes, laundry needed to be done, floors needed to be mopped, clothes needed to be folded. You may have noticed that the list didn't include anything concerning the kids. As a working parent, weekends tend to be my catch up time. The kids asked to go to the beach. I thought about going, then I thought of my list of chores (yes, I'm anal, I make an actual list). I decided that the chores will still be there if I put them off for a day. I also decided that this would be a great opportunity to practice what I've learned in the book SuZan and I are reading about the "STEP" program (see post below). I must tell you that this has been one of the best trips to the beach we've had. Thanks to the book I realized that being a parent doesn't mean that my only job is to make sure every rule is followed, that everyone's behavior is perfect and that everyone is happy. I learned that it's OK for ME to laugh and have fun with my kids. We laughed a lot, we fell down, we were covered with sand, we ate junk food and played the music loud as we drove with the windows down. What a wonderful day!

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 9:29 PM :: 1 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------