Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Saturday, June 25, 2005 Batman Begins-Yes! AMC Theaters-Yuck!

We just got back from seeing Batman Begins. The movie was GREAT! I really didn't expect to enjoy it, but my husband suggested we go as a family (which doesn't happen when you have teenagers). I am not a Sci-Fi kind of gal. Give me a chic flick and a box of tissues (and depending on what time of the month it is, a chocolate bar and a bottle of wine) and I'm good to go. But I really enjoyed the movie. The storyline was great as well as the special effects. Let me just add, Christian Bale (Batman) is a HOTTIE!!!!!!

Anyway, hubby bought the tickets online which worked out great! Got to the theater early enough to pick up some snacks and get some decent seats. We go stand in line at concessions, and stand, and stand. This portion of the theater is the most poorly, unorganized mess I've ever seen. Each cashier not only takes the order, they get the food and drinks as well. Now, it's not like they have a huge selection. I mean, how hard is it to remember two cokes and a popcorn? Anyway, we ordered a total of four drinks, a popcorn, and one of the big pretzels (that was quite stale and tasteless - $3.50 sheesh). Could she take the whole order, then get the food? Nooooo. I'd say one item and off she went. Did she have any hustle? Of course not. None of them did. The only thing that was hustling was their mouths! To top it off, I paid $24 for crappy service, a stale pretzel, and burnt popcorn. The only thing that didn't suck were the drinks! I think it would be far more efficient if they had food runners. Maybe one for every two registers. That way, the cashiers could concentrate on taking orders and handling the money transactions, and not so much time dilly-dallying around! I don't know if I should say 'SHAME ON YOU AMC" for the service and lack of organization, or "SHAME ON ME" for paying $24 for lousy food instead of taking it back any demanding my money back. Of course, because of the insane amount of time we spend standing in line at concessions, we ended up with lousy seats (front row) sitting in front of a family with several small children. Not only did the children talk through the whole movie, the adults did as well!

OK, rant over. The whole point of this post was to tell you how great Batman Begins was. Go see it, you won't be sorry. Don't wait on this one to come out on DVD. See it on the big screen and enjoy the awesome special effects. (Oh yeah, and don't forgot to check out Christian ♥♥)!

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 8:51 PM :: 0 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------