Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 The Value of Being a Woman

Sheri and I recently had a conversation we called “The value of a woman”. I thought it would be interesting to figure out how much it would cost (good ole dollars & cents) to replace what we do everyday. Wouldn’t you know, today on Dr. Phil, he actually quoted a study about stay-at-home-moms. He stated that being a stay-at-home-mom is the equivalent of 2 full-time jobs (of course we all knew this).

I still thought it would be fun to actually look up the cost with known services that you can hire. After searching around I stumbled across Salary.com and sure enough found the chart below. I will tell you that the dollar amount did surprise me.


What is your salary? Posted by Hello
Salary.com also figured that a 40-hour per week working mom who comes home to take care of her kids should earn the 60 hours of mom overtime in addition to her work paycheck. Boy am I underpaid! I think I need to revamp my resume.

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 5:09 PM :: 4 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------