Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Saturday, August 13, 2005 A Little Help Here Please

My daughter and I go to the mall to finish up on back-to-school wardrobe shopping (yeah, like you can ever say you're done). It's crowded, my feet hurt, and I'm claustrophobic. We go into this store. We look, look, look. I tell her I'm going to check the clearance racks in the back. Her response-"You don't have to tell me every time you walk away, OK? I'm not a child!" Next store, same scenario, only this time I don't tell her I'm going to the back. What happens? "Where did you go? You could have told me you were going to go to the back!"

A few minutes later, we run into her friends. I stand there, but kind of to the back. What should I do? Do I tell her I'm going wonder off? Do I stand there? I figured if I stood in a few steps back, I wouldn't be hovering, but I wouldn't be wondering off without telling her. Wrong choice for me! She got mad at me for standing there while she was trying to talk!

Could someone explain the rules?

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 7:28 PM :: 7 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------