Friday, November 04, 2005
To Be Successful.....
Our middle school principal sends a communication to parents each month. This month she wrote about what it takes to be a successful student. After reading it, I decided that I could put most of these to use to be a successful mother, wife, employee, citizen......actually, fill in the blank. Following are her tips:
- To be successful, accept life as it is, with all its difficulties and challenges. Adapt to it rather than complain about it. Accept responsibility for their own lives instead of blaming or making excuses.
- To be successful, develop and maintain a positive attitude toward life. See life as a series of opportunities and possibilities.
- To be successful, build good relationships. Be sensitive to the needs and feelings of others. Be considerate and respectful. Have a way of bringing out the best in other people.
- To be successful, have a sense of direction and purpose-know where you're going.
- To be successful, have a strong desire to learn. Always discover, always grow.
- To be successful, be action oriented. Get things done. Don't be afraid of hard work.
- To be successful, know honesty is one of the main ingredients in the character of a good person.
- To be successful, understand the difference between existing and living, and always choose the latter.
This was very inspirational to me and came during this time when I'm more or less going through a "self evaluation" period. I thought I'd share. Enjoy!
Posted by Sheri & SuZan ::
4:06 PM ::
Post / Read Comments