Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Friday, June 16, 2006 Stuff Portrait Friday!


We can tell that Kristine over at Random & Odd is getting wedding fever as her wedding date rapidly approaches. Her assignment seems to be leaning more and more toward this direction, but since SPF is all up to interpretation…she’s going to have to wait.

This weeks assignment:

1. Your Puzzle

2. Your Best (Your best what? YOU DECIDE!!)

3. Something “Old” (the weeks following will have a part of the wedding theme; something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue)

YOUR PUZZLE
.
My greatest puzzle would be my 17 year old son. He is a great kid, but at times I want to thump him on the head. Sometimes, he is so mature and when people come up to me and tell me he is a fine young man, it makes me so proud. Other times, when I ask him to do something it seems he will do the crapiest job he can (I guess so that I won’t ask him again). His philosophy: Why do today, what you can put off until tomorrow.



YOUR BEST


Hmmmmm this one is all up to interpretation. I was going to post a picture of Big G, because he brings out the best in me, but he really doesn’t like to see his mug plastered on the internet. So instead, here is a result of a “Martha Moment”. The walls in my hallway are my first attempt of a Venetian plaster look. I hated the old sand finish on the walls so I plastered them with joint compound, painted and then rag glazed them. I do like this look much better (unfortunately, the photo doesn’t do it justice).


SOMETHING OLD


I love this piece we have in the dining room because I enjoy repurposing things. This was a TV/stereo that belonged to Big G’s grandparents. We now use it as a server but it still is a work in progress (as is my whole house…lol). Eventually the speakers will be gutted and we will build a drawer in their place, giving us much needed extra storage.


Did you play? Did ya?

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 12:40 AM :: 24 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------