Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Sunday, July 03, 2005 When Family Visits

My older sister (just wanted to clarify that) who lives in New York is down here in Houston for a week long visit. We have had a great time so far. Several other family members are in town for a visit and all ended up at my house last night for cake and coffee (that would be about 20 of them)! We had such a blast. It got me thinking back to when I was a little kid and what family visits were like. It always seemed to be such a stressful time for my mother, I would wonder why she would even think to invite them to visit. My mother was of the "old school" variety which meant that coffee had to be served in proper china with the silver polished and the tea cakes perfect. The house had to be spotless and the children's behavior had to be impeccable. Last night we had such a fun visit. We used mix matched dishes and I didn't poor the cream and sugar into the china cream and sugar bowls. We used my mismatched flat ware and the kids had the various video games going - AT FULL BLAST! When it was all said and done and we took the last person home (at 12:30 am), we came home and fell on the sofa and thought "what a great visit".

Happy Independence Day!
Sheri

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 11:31 PM :: 0 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------