Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Monday, December 19, 2005 I Am A "Coffee Fool".....And Proud Of It!


SuZan and I were talking the other day about how we'll be going about our daily routine and something we do, say or encounter reminds us of our blogging buddies. For instance, every time I drink a good cup of coffee, I think off Merritt. When I eat at a McDonald's in Katy, I think of Katy, when I pass by a restaurant called "Clays", I think about Mama Duck. It's funny how much a part of our life our blogging pals have become.

So what does this have to do with coffee? Well, when I visit Merritt's blog, she tells us what her "coffee of the day" happens to be. My mouth starts watering, and I think I get a little jealous! One day I came across this site. I didn't know it was possible for the internet to read the "sucker" label stuck to my forehead. OK, so I purchased some coffee from the internet, what about it? Stop looking at me like that! Go and check out The Coffee Fool. They have a neat site that's really user friendly. As I read the descriptions of the various flavors I thought "Oh, I just HAVE to try this!".

The Coffee Fool has a wide range of products sure to please anyone's pallet. Again, the sucker for advertising that I am couldn't get passed the main page which showcased their holiday flavors. After reading and re-reading, I settled for The Blueberry Cinnamon Swirl, Santa's Cookie Coffee, & Snoodle-Doodle. Take a peak at their site to read the descriptions of each flavor and you'll see why I just had to try these. You can buy the beans, or have it already ground. Seeing as I don't have a bean grinder (hint, hint to anyone who still is unsure as to what to get me for Christmas-any takers? anyone?) I chose to have mine ground.

As far as price, for about $7.50 per bag I didn't feel that I was going to have to sell one of my children. At first I justified the cost by thinking of a few friends that would appreciate getting some great coffee as a gift (and brew a pot while we visited). Well, the coffee was delivered within two business days. I opened the box.....the aroma was awesome! I thought to myself that keeping one of the flavors for myself wouldn't be too bad. I mean, I felt I really owed it to the recipients of the other two bags to at least taste one of the flavors. After the first pot, I was hooked! I had to taste the other two flavors to see if they were as good as the first! Guess what--they were!

I must tell you that I can't chose a favorite from the three that I purchased. They are all equally enjoyable. I will share my feeling about the blueberry cinnamon. I hesitated when purchasing, but I'm glad I did. Its a very nice combination that would be great to serve with brunch. I didn't like it as my "first cup in the morning" cup, but on that cold, rainy Saturday with the pancakes and eggs-PERFECT!

Enjoy!

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 3:13 PM :: 1 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------