Thursday, August 17, 2006
Because I Said I Would
I promised SuZan that I'd post this morning because she has been so wonderful to take care of the blog, alone, while I was somewhat preoccupied. Let me just ask you all this-does moving suck as bad as I think it does, or is it just me! I'm still living out of boxes. I'm so tired of boxes. I spent every waking moment prior to the move packing boxes. Now it seems that every waking moment is spent running into, stepping over, moving around, and sometime unpacking boxes. I think I just suck at this whole moving thing!
School started yesterday in our neck of the woods. It was really quite odd having both my son and daughter drive off to school....on their own. They needed books/supplies-they drove and got them....after getting the money from me, of course. I'm not quite use to all of this independence.
So as not to bore you with anymore of my whining, I decided to post a few "cool feelings" relating to some things that have happened over the past few days:
It's a cool feeling when........
- You take your clothes to the dry cleaner and, while counting your garments, your thong falls from a pair of pants.
- you walk into the closet instead of the bathroom
- when your boss calls you at 8:00 a.m. and wakes you up, you think it's your son calling at midnight and you answer the phone "what"!
- You change three times because, you can't find the other piece to your suit, your blouse doesn't match, and you can't wear the one that does match because you forgot to shave your Pitts
- The toilet on the second floor overflows the first day you are in the house. Water starts pouring through the ceiling into the dining room. You can't shut the water off to the toilet because your son is in the shower. You call the landlord, they call the plumber, the plumber asks you for $112.00, you say we just moved in, how can this be our problem, then the landlord says it is YOUR PROBLEM!
If anyone has any advice as to how to make the unpacking process go a bit smoother, I'd love to hear from you. I will tell you that the kitchen is done as well as the study. You can sit at the breakfast table, as long as you can hurdle the boxes around it.
Have a great Day! I promise, pictures will be forthcoming......as soon as I find the box with the docking station!
Posted by Sheri & SuZan ::
8:33 AM ::
Post / Read Comments