Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Saturday, June 11, 2005 Easy Recipe-Chicken Pot Pie

I said that this recipe is easy, NOT healthy or low fat. But, it's good and my kids love it. Especailly on a cold day. There are a few shortcuts that I take since I work full time. This is my version.

2 Packages- Louis Rich Fully Cooked Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
1 Jar - Chicken Flavored Gravy (You can use 2 if you like it saucy)
1 Pkg (2 shells total)- 9 in. Deep Dish Pie Shells (thawed)
1 Cup - Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Shredded

Cut chicken strips into smaller pieces (about 1/2 inch cubes). Dump into a bowl. Dump gravy on top. Stir. Stick in microwave for about 2 minutes just to warm. Dump warmed mixture into one of the pie shells. Take second shell. Dump cheese into it and squeeze cheese and shell together to make a cheese dough so to speak. Crumble this dough on top of the chicken mixture to cover top. Bake at 400 for 20 - 30 mins. until browned and shell and crumble topping no longer seems doughy. Let sit 5 minutes then serve.

I serve with mashed potatoes or noodles and steamed mixed veggies. In the past, I have taken a small package of frozen mixed veggies and dumped them into the bowl with gravy chicken mixture. However, I stand a better chance of the kids eating the veggies if they are on the side.

Ugh, my mother most be rolling over in her grave at my culinary skills and verbiage.

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 9:45 PM :: 0 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------