Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Saturday, June 18, 2005 The Evolution of a Blog

Oh No! Posted by Hello
Last night (or maybe it was early this morning…I can’t remember), as usual I was messing around with our Blog. We have been progressing slowly with learning how to post pictures, adding links, we had a counter, we could change text and color, and added a RSS feed. We had been approved for google ads for some time now, but with us both being technologically challenged, we just haven’t had the courage to “put them in”.

A BRAVE MOMENT:
So no better time than the present….here we go….hmmmmm that wasn’t so bad. Maybe I can post more stuff, you know to make it interesting. How about a calendar, weather map, clock, etc. There are tons of things out there and with a little (really a lot) of knowledge, we can really be creative and have some fun!

THEN THERE ARE THOSE TAGS!
Tags! My experience with tags is what is on an item I want to purchase or on the inside of a shirt. When looking at the “Template” all you see is nonsense! Don’t know what the words and characters mean. It sort of reminds me of the Commodore 64 days (anyone remember those). I think I was only successful back then to write a currency exchange rate (dollars to/from pesos). But you know, I’ll try anything once.

THAT HORRIBLE FEELING IN THE PIT OF YOUR GUT
Oh no! I don’t know what I’ve done but I have lost everything, and I mean EVERYTHING! All the work that we had done….POOF…..into the cyber black hole. Hmmmm, (a few choice words were uttered here) what to do, what to do? I ended up just clearing the template, of course any customizations we had done were gone…for good. Ok….maybe a little sleep and I can fix the problems.

SIGH OF RELIEF
After about three hours this morning, we are back. Some things are not working (STILL), like the link to our email (but the email is there if anyone wants to drop us a word or two). We still don’t have our RSS feed back, but we'll bug jkOnTheRun for that again (he has been such a sport with Sheri and I).

After all of this…I think I need a shower!

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 12:18 PM :: 1 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------