Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Saturday, August 27, 2005
State Mottos…or What They Should Be.
- Alabama: Hell Yes, We Have Electricity
- Alaska: 11,623 Eskimos Can't Be Wrong!
- Arizona: But It's A Dry Heat
- Arkansas: Literacy Ain't Everything
- California: By 30, Our Women Have More Plastic Than Your Honda
- Colorado: If You Don't Ski, Don't Bother
- Connecticut: Like Massachusetts, Only The Kennedy's Don't Own It Yet
- Delaware: We Really Do Like The Chemicals In Our Water
- Florida: Ask Us About Our Grandkids
- Georgia: We Put The "Fun" In Fundamentalist Extremism
- Hawaii: Haka Tiki Mou Sha'ami Leeki Toru (Death To Mainland Scum, But Leave Your Money)
- Idaho: More Than Just Potatoes...Well Okay, We're Not, But The Potatoes Sure Are Real Good
- Illinois: Please Don't Pronounce the "S"
- Indiana: 2 Billion Years Tidal Wave Free
- Iowa: We Do Amazing Things With Corn
- Kansas: First Of The Rectangle States
- Kentucky: Five Million People; Fifteen Last Names
- Louisiana: We're Not ALL Drunk Cajun Wackos, But That's Our Tourism Campaign
- Maine: We're Really Cold, But We Have Cheap Lobster
- Maryland: If You Can Dream It, We Can Tax It
- Massachusetts: Our Taxes Are Lower Than Sweden's (For Most Tax Brackets)
- Michigan: First Line Of Defense From The Canadians
- Minnesota: 10,000 Lakes... And 10,000,000,000,000 Mosquitoes
- Mississippi: Come And Feel Better About Your Own State
- Missouri: Your Federal Flood Relief Tax Dollars At Work
- Montana: Land Of The Big Sky, The Unabomber, Right-wing Crazies, And Very Little Else
- Nebraska: Ask About Our State Motto Contest
- Nevada: Hookers and Poker!
- New Hampshire: Go Away And Leave Us Alone
- New Jersey: You Want A ##$%##! Motto? I Got Yer ##$%##! Motto Right Here!
- New Mexico: Lizards Make Excellent pets
- New York: You Have The Right To Remain Silent, You Have The Right To An Attorney...
- North Carolina: Tobacco Is A Vegetable
- North Dakota: We Really Are One Of The 50 States!
- Ohio: At Least We're Not Michigan
- Oklahoma: Like The Play, Only No Singing
- Oregon: Spotted Owl...It's What's For Dinner
- Pennsylvania: Cook With Coal
- Rhode Island: We're Not REALLY An Island
- South Carolina: Remember The Civil War? We Didn't Actually Surrender
- South Dakota: Closer Than North Dakota
- Tennessee: You Need Our Help Where
- Texas: Si' Hablo Ing'les (Yes, I Speak English)
- Utah: Our Jesus Is Better Than Your Jesus
- Vermont: Yep
- Virginia: Who Says Government Stiffs And Slackjaw Yokels Don't Mix?
- Washington: What Rain?
- Washington, D.C.: Wanna Be Mayor?
- West Virginia: One Big Happy Family... Really!
- Wisconsin: Come Cut The Cheese
- Wyoming: Where Men Are Men ... and the sheep are scared!
Posted by Sheri & SuZan ::
5:23 AM ::
Post / Read Comments