Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Wednesday, August 17, 2005 You Blink And They Are All Grown Up

I was visiting one of our favorite sites “Thanks For The Ride, Lady!” and was reading a post about her daughter getting ready to go off to college and how difficult that was for her. I started to think about the two short years that we have left before my son does the same.

It seems just yesterday that I was comforting him when he scraped his knees. I was there cheering him on as he passed each milestone. Now at 16, he is almost a man. I find that not only do I love him with all my heart, I really, truly like his personality and the man that he is becoming. Yes he does “teenager stuff”; but in his strengths I see a man with compassion, drive, and a real zest for the future.

When he was younger (elementary grades), he and I would go out on “dates”. I would laugh because it always involved food like Jack-In-The-Box or Wendy’s but on our “dates” I would do the driving, and pay for it too! The memory always brings a smile to my face. At 16 he still wants his dad and I to be around; he still wants to go “do things as a family” and for that I am truly thankful. Yes the relationship is different at 16 compared to 6, but it is always special and I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I love you so much my son.

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 5:45 AM :: 3 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------