Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Friday, September 16, 2005 Art Immitating Life? or Life Immitating Art?

First and foremost, it is a wonderful cause that former Presidents Bush and Clinton are doing by raising money, first for the Tsunami victims and now for the Katrina victims. I do want everyone to understand that I’m thrilled to see something done that is truly bipartisan. However, every time I see them together, I can’t help but think of the movie “My Fellow Americans (1996)”. Can’t you just see the resemblance? If you have any doubt, and haven’t seen the movie here is a quick description:


“Political "Odd Couple" pits cantankerous conservative Kramer (Lemmon) against womanizing liberal Douglas (Garner) when current President Aykroyd frames his two predecessors for a White House scandal. The age-old adversaries must set aside their differences long enough to clear their names by reaching Kramer's presidential library, where he has vindicating papers.”

If you haven’t seen the movie you should, because the movie is a lot of fun. I do have to chuckle when I see the former Presidents together. Hmmmm art immitating life? or life immitating art?

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 5:01 PM :: 4 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------