Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Saturday, November 26, 2005
Christmas Decorating…Hazardous To Your Health
After getting over the initial shock of all the Christmas decorations we have acquired through the years, I started unloading them. I started emptying out the boxes constantly saying “I’m missing stuff!” The only one thing that I could pinpoint missing was the garland I use on the mantle.
By the time I went through all the boxes, it looked like the Christmas bomb had exploded in my living room. We finally realized that we were missing a box, so G2 went up to the attic and sure enough came back down with the final box (sigh).
After getting all the villages set up, I started putting the up the Christmas tree. The first problem was that I couldn’t find the stand, so smart me goes and gets the stand from the old tree (now, why we still have it I have no idea). Of course it doesn’t fit, and I’m trying to come up with clever ways to make the old stand work (hmmmmm, I could cut off a broom handle, shove it up the pole of the tree, put it in the stand and screw the stand to some plywood). STOP! Big-G told me to just stop and retrace my steps. He was right (damnit), went right to it in the closet.
With that crisis handled, I stared putting the darn thing together. Insert stem C then B, and I am connecting the cords as I go (pre-lit tree); I'm reaching through the branches, grabbing the cord from C and trying to find the cord from B and then “POLK”, a damn branch polks me in the eye. Not a little “ouch…I’ve got something in my eye” but a full fledge “POLK, I about polked my $@#*&^! eye out! Of course Big-G’s wit and charm come out in moments like these and stated “shall I get you some safety glasses for decorating?”
Posted by Sheri & SuZan ::
9:10 AM ::
Post / Read Comments