Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 The Holiday Edition of Getting To Know Your Friends-Sheri's Turn

I think SuZan participated in this last week. I'm a little late, but participated none the less. This was fun. Want to know my holiday idiot tendencies? Read on!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate- with mini marshmallows! Egg Nog only if its laced with rum!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? wrapped!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White, although I'm thinking about adding some blue outside next year. Hmmm.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Are you kidding-encourage the teenagers to kiss! Jeez.....

5. When do you put your decorations up? yeah-well SuZan can tell you. I actually attempt to put them up the weekend after Thanksgiving. It's a process. OK, I'm a little embarrassed to share this, but the tree for the upstairs is at least put together. No lights or decorations yet. We may get to that on Thursday.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Cornbread dressing!!!!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I was eight. My grandmother, my great-aunt (my grandmother's sister), and my aunt from Texas all came and stayed at our house for two weeks. Hey, I was a kid-I thought it was great. Yeah, I got to sleep in the sleeping bag on mom & dad's floor. Imagine being woken at midnight to find yourself suspend in mid-air, halfway down the stair case as your dad and great-aunt (she was like 70) try to move you because they think you're going to be cold on the floor! Oh yeah, then we all got the stomach flu (starting with me!).

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I'm not exactly sure. I think I must have been about 9. My sister was having a tough time being a teenager. I think I overheard something during one of their yelling matches that tipped me off.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Hell, we start opening the week of Christmas. The tradition of not putting any gifts under the tree until all the kids went to bed kind of got squashed when I was married to my ex. Oh, that's a whole post in and of itself.

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Cookies? There's cookies? Just kidding. My mom owned a restaurant and loved to bake. We had a huge assortment. Then I became a mom. Yeah, like I said "there's cookies?"

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love the snow-for a very short time, until things such as driving comes into the picture!

12. Can you ice skate? I can ice skate-not well, but I can do it.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Hmmm, when I was a kid, it would have been my Polaroid camera. As an adult, it must have been my wedding/engagement ring (from my current husband). Yeah, we so mushy!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Everyone being safe and together
.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Favorite...that's a hard one. Probably the cookies that my kids and I make together.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Decorating the outside and the tree together (and all the fighting that ultimately goes with it). Oh, and Aunt De De (my sister) coming to visit.

17. What tops your tree? The tree downstairs is naked. I haven't found anything I like. The tree upstairs has a star made out of construction paper and glitter that my oldest son made at church when he was 3.

18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? Both-I love giving when I have the money to buy exactly what each person wants. To see their faces when they open their gift. I also love to see what gifts my children have put together for me. My favorite was a piece of gum my son wrapped for me when he was like 5 or 6. He gave it to me because I said it smelled good!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? All of them.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? The first one-YUM! That's it! Can't do more than one!

If you would like to play-play on! I will tag anyone and everyone! Merry Christmas!

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 3:12 PM :: 0 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------