Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Sunday, January 15, 2006 A Very Long Drive

Thank you all for your many kind words and thoughts. Unfortunately, poor Bradley got worse and we had to put him down today. The meds seemed to make him feel better, but it seems the cancer got to his brain. He started to have seizures today and after the last one which lasted about 5 minutes, he was very disoriented and uncomfortable. Like many of you said, we knew it was time. It was.

Our vet uses a 24 hour emergency clinic near our home. We called, explained the problem, and made the decision that we couldn't let poor Bradley suffer any longer. I didn't think I would be able to do it, but I did. I helped my husband put him in the car, I drove, helped get him out, then said good-bye. The staff at the clinic was very nice and understanding. They made the whole process as easy as possible. We were told that we could go back and be there with him, but we both decided we couldn't. We said our goodbyes. By this point he seemed like he could no longer see us or hear us. He was a "gentle giant" to the end.

Again, thanks for your thoughts and prayers. It was easier to do after seeming him in such a bad state.

I love you, Bradley! Thanks for all of your love and kisses!

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 4:08 PM :: 10 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------