Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Monday, February 20, 2006 Blogger Blowout-Two For One!

I agree with SuZan-what happened in Austin, stays in Austin. SuZan and I hit the open road around 11:00 ish (yes, SuZan, it was supposed to be 10:30, but Starbucks was calling). To set the scene, imagine me air kissing teenagers and pushing, I mean walking them out the door to their various rides. I turn, trip over the dog who thinks he's coming with me, blow kisses to hubby, oh heck, I grabbed him and planted a big wet one on his lips, the kind he'd be sure not to forget, then ran out of the garage, clothes hanging out of the side of the suitcase because, heck, who had time to pack! Of course, SuZan and I both brought waaayyy more than we needed and ended up wearing the same clothes that we rode up in (heck, we're old and it was cold. Comfort rules over fashion).

We didn't hit much traffic but did have to endure endless precipitation. About half way there, the Starbucks hit, I had to pee, and I was down to a quarter tank of gas. We pulled in to this Exxon. SuZan offered to pay for the gas, but I said I get this and she could get the next. We get the pump going and run in! Man, the bathroom was cleaner than mine at home. I'm sure they thought we were crazy, but I HAD to take pictures. I mean, sanitary toilet seat wipes AND hand sanitizer! As I'm finishing in the stall, I hear SuZan giggle and the auto paper towel dispenser going, & going. SuZan was playing with the dispenser!

Of course, now I needed a Diet Coke to wash down the Starbucks, and what road trip would be complete without some munchies. SuZan got another coffee. We paid and jumped back into the car. About a block away, I noticed that I didn't have very much more gas than I did when I pulled into the gas station. I thought "Oh, shit. The gas tank thingy isn't working." Then I thought I'd take a look at the receipt just to see how much gas I got. Ha! I must not have put the pump in properly and it shut off after 2 gallons! SuZan swears I did it on purpose! Here's some pics of our bathroom adventure:




Once we made it to the condo, we were like two kids in a hotel room. We did everything but jump on the bed. Here is a view from the condo. Pretty cool! I told SuZan to tell her Sister-In-Law that I was her new best-est friend!



Although pretty well stocked, we decided that we needed a few things from the store. Mainly we were concerned about having "hangover" foods available for the next morning. We called Beth (our ride for the night) and she suggested Whole Foods. She said its an "experience" to go there. She was right. We didn't get what we needed, but we did pick up lunch, water, and of course, blueberry muffins for the next morning! We went upstairs at the Whole Foods and enjoyed people watching. Austin has such a diverse population! We snuck this picture (shhh, don't tell).



Then we went back to the condo to get ready as it was just too blasted cold outside to do anything else! After a fashion show, we fell on the floor laughing at ourselves as we ended up wearing exactly what we came in.

The rest, as they say, is history........ We met a whole bunch of really great women. Some we sort of knew, others that we didn't. There wasn't a bad apple in the bunch. Take a look at some of these pics! We had a BLAST! We are one fun group of bitches! It was great to meet everyone and can't wait to do this again next year. If you gals want to get together again before next year-let us know! SuZan and I left our suitcases packed! Enjoy the blowout through the eyes of one slightly tipsy blogger (with only one contact)! Okay, SuZan will rat me out if I don't share this. I am very vane about certain things. I wear glasses, but contacts are a must for occasions such as this. During the week, I somehow managed to scratch my cornea. The eye doc said no contacts for about 2 weeks. Yeah. I decided that, no matter what, I was not going to wear my glasses. As we are getting ready, I stuck my contacts in. Within 30 minutes, the scratched eye (which of course is the weaker eye) starts to puff up and itch like crazy. What's a girl to do? I decided to just wear one contact and asked SuZan to help should I need to read anything. Nothing like a one eyed drunk girl! Enjoy the pics!




Not sure what Lucky is doing!


Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 10:28 PM :: 10 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------