Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 WAY BACK WEDNESDAY!

Gone but not forgotten...a more serious tone this week as we share our pictures of ourselves with loved ones we've lost (either through death or lost touch with over the years).

Go on over the Mama Duck's site 'The Kept Woman' to see who all played this week.


This beautiful lady is my mother. We lost her in June 1997. I think what I admire most about my mom was her gustiness. Her and my dad divorced when I was one, so you can imagine the challenges she had back in the early 60’s. During the late 60’s, she accepted a job in Mexico City as an English Teacher. She upped and moved with her young daughter (that would be me) to Mexico. As an adult now, I really don’t think I would have had the guts to do what she did. Of course her actions have been a blessing for me because I use my Spanish every day. I never thanked her for that screwy upbringing and I wish I had.

So mom, thank you for taking a chance, for doing the unthinkable and unpredictable. Your actions have given me so many opportunities all throughout my adulthood. I love you and miss you!

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 7:03 AM :: 21 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------