Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Sunday, October 16, 2005 They Do Say It Comes In Threes

The past week has been very trying period here. Sheri pretty much had to carry the load as I have been worthless up until this weekend about blogging. First, in our own household, everyone is fine and well. But last weekend, we found out that two of our family members here in Houston, had to be hospitalized. One due to heart attack; and the other set off by postpartum depression. I won’t go into detail out of respect for them but the road to recovery is well on the way for both.
.
Even though my husband is a native Houstonian, his Mother and all of her family are from New England. The next news we received is a worst case scenario about the flooding in Alstead, NH. His cousin and her husband refused to evacuate before the rains, and where their house and two-car garage once stood, is now a 12 foot gully. The house, garage and even slab are gone. Even though I had never met them, I feel deeply the pain that my husband and his mother are going through.

What has surprised me through all of this is my own body’s reaction. I have used every spare moment I have had to sleep. I even took a half a day off during the week and came home and went to sleep. I keep saying that I should be super-charged for at least a few months now but at least I’m feeling “normal” again. I good friend of mine sent me an email with some wonderful words to remind me what it is all about:


Happiness keeps You Sweet,
Trials keep You Strong,
Sorrows keep You Human,
Failures keep You Humble,
Success keeps You Glowing,

But Only God keeps You Going!

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 3:12 PM :: 6 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------