Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Wednesday, November 22, 2006 Wisdom Teeth-Why???



I know, I promised last Friday that I'd post before and after pics of dear J. See, I'm a master procrastinator. This weeks excuse-My back thinks I'm older than I really am. It didn't take well to 3 hours of yard work on Sunday. Picture this-heating pad, walking hunched over, pink fuzzy slipper at the office because heals cause excruciating pain. Yeah, I broke down and went to the doctor today. I don't go to doctors. I can't like doctors. They want to do to many tests and stuff. I can't like tests. Lucky for me, I found a doc that believed me when I told him I didn't do anything to my back other than overexertion. I told him what how I thought I should treat it (let's try some drug therapy), and he agreed! Amazing-I've taken my sixth steroid in six hours. This stuff better work. My son G (I don't talk about him much, but let me say he has quite the sense of humor); he looked at me with that "there's something on your face" look. He said, I don't know about your back, but your mustache sure has grown! Funny guy!



Back to the pics. The whole wisdom teeth thing is said and done. Friday and Saturday were not fun. The swelling came on Sunday. We followed the docs orders and low and behold, she was up and running around (even worked) yesterday. She's such a quick healer. I do have to tell on her-after they loaded her in the car, not fully conscious, the first thing she asked for was her phone. I gave it to her just for grins. Of course she wasn't able to hold it much less text. The phone fell but her fingers kept moving as if she was texting. Her eyes were open! It was too funny.



Here she is:

Above-J Before Surgery (she wasn't thrilled that I was taking her pic without her makeup on)

Below-J after surgery (that's bear bear and blankie-she's had them forever. They've been through surgery with her before. Whenever I see those, I know some thing's wrong)


Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 7:42 AM :: 10 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------