Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Friday, November 17, 2006 Stuff Portrait Friday!



It’s hard to believe that it is time for SPF again! This week, Kristine wants to dedicate SPF to Janelle to honor National Epilepsy Awareness Month. Our assignment:

1. Something you seize (as in seizure, get it?)
2. Something that shakes (because you shake when you have seizures)
3. And something purple (because purple is the color for National Epilepsy Awareness Month!



SOMETHING I SEIZE

This one I will take more literal. Both of my G’s have each had a seizure. Each time I think I aged at least ten years. When G2 had his I was there, and it is true that training kicks in. I was calm and did what I needed to do but in the ambulance once G2 was fully conscious, the EMT made me lie down and gave me oxygen. Big G’s came on some years later when he was playing a video game (yes, strobe type lighting can trigger seizures in some people) at lunch. I got to the hospital as fast as I could. Both are fine today and I don’t care to have to go through that type of situation again.


SOMETHING THAT SHAKES

It shakes where I grew up. I give you Mexico City and boy can it shake. There is nothing like waking up in the morning on the floor because you have been thrown out of the bed from an earth quake (that only happened once). The strongest Earthquake I’ve been in was 6.5 on the Richter Scale.



SOMETHING PURPLE

I couldn’t think of anything in the house that is purple so then it hit me…why not use one of the pictures from the boy’s Colorado trip. I figure, what better purple than from America the Beautiful? So I give you…Purple Mountain’s Majesty.




So tell us...Did you play?

Labels:


Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 12:00 AM :: 15 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------