Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Wednesday, June 08, 2005 Our Babies Grow Up Before Our Eyes

My youngest son is going to turn 12 on Friday. I can't believe it. One more year before he's officially a teenager. I guess since I have always known that he would be my last, his growing and maturation process sometimes catches me by surprise. As my oldest has gone through each step of the maturation process, its been kind of exciting. I think because I was experiencing the unexpected. When my daughter (middle child) just 18 mos. later went through the process, it was expected. But, as the youngest reaches each stage, it sometimes sneaks up and slaps me in the face. When he stopped nursing at 9 mos., I cried. When he got on that big yellow school bus to go to kindergarten, I followed the bus! I new he would be OK as I already had a 3rd and 4th grader at that school and new ALL the teachers. But that didn't make it any easier. I had butterflies as he got on the bus to start middle school. Yesterday I went up to his room and found that he had taken down almost all of the "special" projects we made for school over the years. Projects like the "All About Me" poster that we did in 3rd grade, his "Student Star of The Week" poster in fourth grade, his space project, his awards for honor roll and good citizenship, and a few other special things were gone-stuffed under his dresser! It took me a minute to figure out why he had taken them down, then it hit me, he had his friend stay over. I guess that stuff isn't cool. Again, it's not like I haven't already gone through this with the other two, but it really got me that my baby is growing up. He doesn't want his Sponge Bob comforter sets on his bunk beds anymore! Guess I'll be off to the store to find "cool" bedding.

Be ready ladies, whether we want to admit it or not, our babies grow up!

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 3:13 PM :: 0 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------