Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Thursday, March 09, 2006 S L O W . . .P R O G R E S S . . .

Wouldn't you know that the rule of thumb for the do-it-yourselfer still rings true, but we are still makeing progress on the house. Today is a very slow start because we are under a tornado warning untill 1:00 pm. It was raining when I got up so I just let Big G sleep. He stated last night that even the muscles on the bottom of his feet hurt. The courtyard has been a big pain in the assets, but we are plugging away. The back of the house realistically we are going to have to do on weekends but at least we have all of the materials.


THE PROGRESS

It was strange having big holes in the wall. My cat was most upset about this, when we got to our bedroom (I mean her bedroom), she stayed in the room meowing at us through the hole.

One great thing is that all the windows now are double pane windows. I could tell a huge difference in the house yesterday afternoon, we had better not have $500+ electric bills this summer.


I had to laugh when I first saw this up after we did it. "Look honey, it looks like we've condomed the house" LOL.

Today we will take advantage of the bad weather and go ahead and get exterior light fixtures and some temporary blinds up. I told both son and hubby last night that with the windows exposed there was not going to be any walking around the house naked until we cover the windows. :)

So that is it for now. I'll update when I can.


Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 10:20 AM :: 3 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------