Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Friday, June 30, 2006 Stuff Portrait Friday...Uh huh, uh huh!


I'm feeling a little funky, uh huh, uh huh! And, I'm not even drinking. I think it's cause it is....FRIDAY!! That means.....it's time for STUFF PORTRAIT FRIDAY!

The lovely and talented Kristine at Random & Odd is off doing "wedding stuff", so the wonderful and wacky Shaun has so graciously filled in and came up with this week's theme. Wow, he made up a logo and everything! Check it out!





This weeks assignment is to find:


1. Something with a story behind it. Photograph something that has a story behind it. And yes, you might have to actually write a little bit on this one. Good, sad, funny, made-up….does it really matter? It IS the Internet. Be creative.


There is a VERY sweet story behind this. I'm kind of PMS'ing and in a sentimental kind of mood. Anyway, this is a vase of flowers made by my youngest son for me for Mother's Day when he was in first grade. He hid it in his back pack and snuck it to my room to give to me in private so that his brother and sister wouldn't make fun of him. I keep these in my bedroom and every time I look at them I get those "mommy feelings". You know, the feeling that your kids are the absolute best in the world! It's not just the flowers, but the love he put into them. The paper is quite faded now, but he picked colors that he thought were my favorites. There was a cute poem that went with it, but it must be packed some where.


2. A Random and Odd photo. Pick anything. A picture you’ve taken, one that you’ve found on the net. Doesn’t matter. I’m making the rules, so don’t tell me what your usual blogger tells you to do! For this picture, the reader on your blog needs to write a story or caption for your picture, so get something unique.

I just can't wait to read what you all have come up with for this picture. I really wish I could take the credit for this pic, but all credit must go to my sister. She snapped it during one of our...."adventures"! Always much excitement when she visits Houston.

3. In keeping with the recurring wedding theme, a photo of something borrowed. This is pretty self-explanatory.

See the really cool rug under the coffee table? SuZan is letting me borrow it until our house sells. She's got this eye for detail. I was about to purchase this hideous piece of...I don't know quite what you would call it. She saved the day and let me borrow her rug that is usually in her foyer. It would be just too bad if the movers accidentally uh, pack it or something when we move!

So there you have it! My contribution to Stuff Portrait Friday. Anyone and everyone is welcome to play. If you do, please leave a note in my comments so I can come check you out!

Until next time.... SEE YA!


Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 12:01 AM :: 18 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------