Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Thursday, July 06, 2006 OK…Dry Out Already!

I really want to take advantage this summer and do something with our courtyard and actually learn something about gardening. We are even going to put in a water feature, but first…it needs to STOP RAINING!


I have learned one very important lesson early on. As you see here, I planted some Mexican Heather (gosh I even knew what it was called ). What I didn’t know at the time is to water it down after I prepared the soil. It has now been raining everyday and every night (not quite 40 days/nights, but it feels like it) and my Mexican Heather is submerged! So rule #1; water down the soil to make sure that it is compacted.


.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I’m looking forward to the water feature. Big G finally picked out an urn that he liked (I wasn’t as picky and would have been happy as a lark with a kit of some kind). So this will be the fountain and we have all the fixins but again…it needs to STOP RAINING!


I also bought these little pretties. I have no idea what they are but I liked them. I have an area picked out but I have to prepare the soil because there is a lot of clay in it. I have even been saving up my Starbucks coffee grounds to mix in the soil, but first…it needs to STOP RAINING!


Send dry thoughts please.

That is all.


Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 12:22 AM :: 8 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------