Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Wednesday, September 27, 2006 Updates and Other Random Stuff

Needless to say it was an interesting weekend...

The first order are the lessons we learned when we decided to plant three trees in the back yard (in preparation of my Spring project). The most important thing I learned is that it is best to plant a tree after pouring rain, NOT before. On Saturday we bought the trees (70% off what a bargain); we then started on the hole. OMG I seriously thought we were trying to dig through brick the ground was so hard. In the middle of it all I got on the phone and called up a friend of ours in the neighborhood (who BTW is also a crazy home-improvement nut) in hopes that he owned a pick ax. Sure enough, he did! We only got the one tree in the ground and had to wait because it started storming.

The next day it was so much easier to plant the other two with the ground saturated.

~~~~~~~~~~

During the course of the tree adventure, I managed to brake my glasses AND my sunglasses. The only way I could keep them on my head was to clip the one ear piece to my hair to hold them in place (that was lovely). However they were able to fix them on Monday and even better, both pair were still under warranty.

~~~~~~~~~~

It took a few days for us to get the whole story but my son went on an emotional roller coaster this weekend. This is him and his date getting ready to leave for her Homecoming.

So around 10:30 pm we get a call from our son that that he is stuck in a ditch (remember above about the storm?...yeah..it was happening). So my heart is pounding and we go to get him. Silence the whole drive to rescue him from the ditch. When we get to the intersection where he was we find that the car is not in the ditch but has two wheels off the road and the car had stalled out on him. Big G restarts his car and drives it home.

We later have found out that his date treated him poorly and ignored him to the point that her friends were apologizing for her behavior. He got to a point where he had had enough and didn't feel well (he had been sick a couple of days last week), made sure she had a ride and left. That's when it started to pour and he started sliding in his car.

After all this drama, his date's mother has called G2 apologizing for her daughter's behavior and he has found out that her phone was taken away, she is not allowed on the Internet, and the promise of a car from her parents is retracted for now. Her father who is in Iraq, called her and chewed her out.

I don't know what she said to G2 and I don't think I want to know. He doesn't know if he will take her to his Homecoming as they had planned and that he needs to talk to her and clear up a few things. At least I know he won't be a push over and I am proud of how he is handling the situation.


Like sand through the hour glass...these are the days of our lives!


Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 12:33 AM :: 9 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------