Wednesday, December 20, 2006
So Much To Do; So Little Time
Anyone else feeling the holiday crunch? Anyone? Anyone?
I noticed that bulleted posts really helps one empty one's mind of thoughts that could cause one to have an anxiety attack. Sit back, get a cup of coffee, and read. Words of sympathy will be excepted.
- Why or why is my boss such a Scrooge? No, really. We tripled our billing. He hired another secretary to keep up with his work. Did anyone hire another person to help me? See, I do the accounting/IT/office management type stuff. I am affected not by one attorney, but all three. All three triple their billing and what do you think happens to my workload?????? Did I get a bonus? No. Did anyone? Yes! The two partners. Quite significant if I may add. Bitter? You bet! Especially since I cut the damn checks!
- My visitors start arriving tonight. Is the house ready? No. There are clean towels however. That should count for something.
- Why oh why does my daughter's car breakdown each and ever time my hubs and I are on the way out to celebrate our anniversary? Sunday night I was literally shutting the car door when she called. Hubs bought two tickets to Trans Siberian Orchestra. She was at Walmart and the car wouldn't start! Shit! Luckily someone gave her a jump and she made it home. Hubs changed battery, in the rain on Monday. Yesterday, was our anniversary and we had reservations at a fancy restaurant. We were on the way when I get a call. "Mom, my car stalled just as I was pulling into the parking lot at work." Again, got a jump after work and made it home. I don't use this word much but....fuck!
- Why or why did I choose accounting as a career? I mean really. Can I take time off over the holidays? No. I have to get ready for month end billing; payroll; year end reports; tax filings; etc., etc. I can't like it!
- I'm not done shopping yet! What's that? I'm running out of time? Yup! More stress!
- Why does my sister come to visit each and every Christmas and have some huge drama going on. Can't write about it yet. I will.
OK, I must stop now. Really, sympathy will be appreciated. Or wine.....wine for my whine! I just made myself laugh.
Posted by Sheri & SuZan ::
8:05 AM ::
Post / Read Comments