Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 This & That

I don't know where the time goes. I used to think that money was what I didn't have enough of. Right now, time is right there on the list. I usually try to throw a post together in the morning. Well, with the traffic yesterday......let's just say that showing up 30 mins. late for work after sitting in traffic for 1 1/2 hours did not put me in a very good mind frame. Then, because it was the day after a holiday, you can just imagine how big the piles on my desk were. Oh, and did I mention it was end of month billing time? Yeah, 1060 invoices, that I had to get out .... MYSELF! AND, it was foreclosure Tuesday which means my boss was in court most of the day calling me continually! I'm also trying to fit in interviews to replace one of the secretaries.....she's only been here 13 years!

On to other things.....Katy Couric. I didn't like her on the Today Show, and I don't have any intention of watching her on the nightly news. There is just something about her personality that turns me off. When I watch her, she has the effect of nails on the chalk board. I can't put my finger on why she irritates me. She just does. Why?

We are on week 3 of school in these parts. Can I just say.......I'm ready for Spring Break! My husband reminded me that every year about this time I have a mini melt down. I get so overwhelmed. So do the kids. Why?

Have you ever had a dream that just seemed so real that it stayed on your mind and affected your mood? I had one on Sunday. It wasn't good. It wasn't scary, it just wasn't good. I think about it often. I can't like it!

In closing, I want to wish my husband a happy anniversary. No, not our wedding anniversary; but the anniversary of his second chance on life. Five years ago today, my husband had emergency by-pass surgery. He was only 45; I was 33. I almost lost him. You can read about it here. We've had a lot of changes; a lot of struggles; a lot of re-adjusting over the past five years. It was all worth it. Today we are in a better place personally; financially; physically; and needless to say, our relationship is a lot stronger because of this. Honey, I may not always be the sweetest, most lovable person to be around; and I may not tell you often enough; but I want to let you know how much I love you, how happy I am that they saved your life, and how much I look forward to waking up beside you every day. Happy Anniversary!

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 8:00 AM :: 10 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------