Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Friday, June 03, 2005 I have got to get it in gear!

I think I have passed Procrastination 101. My husband and I set out to remodel our house a couple of years ago. We have accomplished a lot like gutting a bathroom and putting in new tub, toilet and sink and retiling the whole darn thing; changed the dining room into a foyer by knocking down a wall and building and new one to change the traffic flow; we put down hardwood floors (yes…the real thing…I’ll never do that again!). The reason this works so well is my husband is the builder and I am the finisher (and yes we are still married). I’m in charge of all doing all the painting, decorating and finishing touches.

Here lies the problem. We have worked on the living room, dining room, foyer, hallway, guest bath, son’s bedroom and the master bedroom, and NOT ONE SINGLE ROOM IS FINISHED. The guest bath is the closest to being “done” but I still have to: finish painting the ceiling; set the nails in the crown molding; calk door casings and moldings and paint them; remove door knob and chisel out a little bit more of the hole in the door so that you don’t have to slam the door of the linen closet to close it; sheet rock the inside of the linen closet (where we changed out the plumbing) and paint. School has been out for a week and I have done NOTHING! I can’t get motivated and I am so mad at myself. I can’t help but feel that I am wasting precious time to get it done.

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 2:41 PM :: 1 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------