Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Saturday, June 04, 2005 Teenagers and Birthday Parties

My daughter was invited to a friend's house for a birthday "pool" party. This friend is turning 15. I asked my daughter what she was going to get for her friend and she said "Do you want to buy her a Starbuck's gift card?" It occurred to me at that point that she wanted ME to buy the present for her friend. I feel that, since my daughter has money and continues to earn money doing chores, mowing the lawn and babysitting, she should be buying the gift for her friend. I thought this would be an interesting topic as I'm really interested in finding out if others have had this come up and what they did about it.

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 10:46 PM :: 4 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------