Saturday, September 24, 2005
Back to Normal (err, yeah)
I'm tired of hurricanes. I'm tired of 24/7 newscasts. I'm tired of junk food. I'm just tired! OK, PMS ain't helping either.
Here is a summary of my random thoughts concerning the events of the past week:
- All of our news stations did a great job bringing us the facts and keeping us informed without using the usual scare tactics
- Now that the storm is over, THEY CAN STOP! I swear they're going to analyze the bird shit on a car window to determine if it went splat in exactly that shape due to the hurricane.
- I'm glad for Houston/Galveston that the storm turned to the East; I'm sorry that it affected other areas.
- I'm proud of my children and the tolerance they had for me and each other; especially when the lights went off at 4:30 a.m. and we had no A/C until 3:00 p.m.
- I'm glad that I decided not to try to drive to work on Thursday and stayed home with my family to prepare
- We were very prepared, but I don't think we'll buy as much sweet stuff because, well, when the lights went off we got bored; when we got bored, we ATE!
- Our public officials, especially our Mayor, did a FANTASTIC job at taking care of business. A few mistakes-of course. We've never done anything like this before. I admire the way he and other officials handled the press and the annoying way the press tried to point fingers for mistakes instead of concentrating on getting people on their way safely.
- I would have gone to the liquor store BEFORE the crowds hit and cleaned them out!
Most of all, THANK YOU, our blogging friends, for your words of support and prayers. You guys are GREAT!
Posted by Sheri & SuZan ::
9:17 PM ::
Post / Read Comments