Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Monday, September 11, 2006 Honoring Christopher Colasanti


A while back, Dale, came up with a wonderful idea to honor the victims of 9/11. We are priveledged to be a part of this group of bloggers. On that day, our nation witnessed the horror in our own back yard and we lost many great and wonderful people. We are honored to be able to share with you the life of Christopher M. Colasanti (age: 33):


"The best way to know God
is to love many things."

Christopher M. Colasanti

Christopher was married and a father of two daughters. He worked as a Bond Trader on the 105th floor of the World Trade Center's North Tower for Cantor Fitzgerald.

From what we have found about Christopher Colasanti in our research, he was a truly great man. He was completely devoted to his family and made sure that he bathed and tucked in his daughters every night. "When he was around his girls, he just had that smile on his face all the time," said John Nulty, who grew up with Mr. Colasanti in South Orange. "You could tell he was having that perfect-moment feeling." He loved playing golf, even though he was lousy at it. He rooted for sports teams that were mostly terrible, like the Nets and Jets, just so he could pull for an underdog.


Christopher and his wife Kelly were High School sweethearts. The met their Junior year at Columbia High School where he was Captain of his high school soccer team and later a triathlete. Afterwards, he attended and graduated from Dartmouth College and became a Trader.

"We'll be a strong family, the three of us," Kelly said. "We have to live this way because he was so great. We can't let it not be great here because it was so great."

We couldn't possibly do his life justice as we didn't know him. We did however find some quotes from people that did:

From Carla:

"I knew Chris from CHS. He was a great guy. So funny and full of life. We used to eat lunch together in 9th grade( with a bunch of other guys in HS). He was a great soccer player too. I was deeply saddened when I heard that he was in the towers. It's not fair that good guys like him have to die in such a horrific way. I still pray for his wife Kelly and 2 daughters."

From a CHS Alum:

I went to high school with Chris. He was a genuinely wonderful guy. He will be sorely missed. My thoughts are with his family and friends. -CHS 1989

From Larissa:

Chris was one of my closest friends in Jr. High and early high school. He always knew how to have fun. He loved Kelly the minute he met her and although their time together was cut short, the love they shared must have been incredible. I pray for her happiness and the ability to move forward with life.

From Teresa:

I am jennifer celentano's younger sister. I have had Chris on my mind for some reason the last few days. I had a dream the other night that I was Talking to Andrew (he and I were in the same grade growning up together) and he was talking about Chris with such passion. Just thought you should know that these years later, he is still in the hearts of people who knew or knew of him. Prayers are still going out to you and your family every single day.

From Renee:

I went to Columbia High School with Chris. I remember him as a captain of our high school soccer team and so bright... Kelly, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

From Livia:

I too was part of the gang on West End Road. I have known about Chris since the tradgedy through Jeff Voight and Noeleen and Frank DeFilippis. The many hours of kick the can, hide and seek, running through yards with Chris and his brothers, the McConvilles, the Nultys and Andy Shelfo are such vivid and fond memories for me. I just wanted to reach out to you today and let you know I am thinking of you and your girls. I lost my father when I was 14 and I know the hole it left in my life but I also know that I am who I am today for it. They will grow and flurish and love their father forever.

From David:

Kelly, as you already know, Chris was a very kind and warm hearted person, who loved his family very much. I will always remember the love and joy that he expressed whenever he spoke of his "three" girls. As an insurance representative, I have had the privilege of meeting many hundreds of people over the past twenty-five years, yet none as genuinely sincere as Chris. May God bless you and your family!

Chrisopher Colasanti is survived by his wife Kelly, his daughters Cara and Lauren, his father, Anthony, and two brothers, Gregory and Andrew. We can’t even imagine the sorrow this family must still experience, but we are happy for the opportunity to honor his life.

To see more tributes click HERE.


Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 12:00 AM :: 17 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------