Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Monday, January 08, 2007 Waste of Space Monday


Welcome to "Waste of Space Monday" brought to you by our favorite "people hater" Tammy who would stab people in the neck if it were legal.

This weeks waste of space would be me! Yes folks, me. I am convinced that I'm a total waste of space! Why? Sit down and grab coffee; and a tissue. Actually, maybe no coffee because you may spit it all over the screen when you get to the end of the story.

See, I'm this dedicated employee and stuff (read-stupid). Those of you who chose accounting as your career will totally relate to this. It's end of year/beginning of year crunch time. We can't move forward with some things until several of last year's issues are brought to fruition. Hence, weekend work is more or less required. So, I come in yesterday (Sunday). I'm working all hard and shit. I was about to undertake a project that required a start to finish environment. Of course I had to pee. I decide that this would be a fabo time to "take care of business".

The problem you ask? Our office suite is very secure as a lot of people we deal with don't like us. The doors lock when you leave. Re-entry must occur through the receptionist's door. You see where I'm going with this? Sunday-no receptionist to let one back in to the office. Yup, miss shit for brains ran across the hall and just as the back door closed, realized that not only is her suite key on the other side of that closed door, so is her purse, car keys, building access card, and cell phone!

No problem I think. There were cars in the parking lot. Certainly someone will be in the building and will let me use their phone to call the emergency number or one of my employees who lives fairly close. Twenty-four doors I knock on; not one answer!

Thinking, thinking-yes-my aunt lives within walking distance. I shit you not-two minutes away. So I exit the building. Yup, now I'm not only locked out of the suite, but the entire building! The thought then occurs to me "What if Aunt isn't home?" Shit, I walk-briskly! Heart racing! Yes! She's home! Poor thing must have thought the worse. Me out of breath, her not expecting me, me saying "phone". I didn't explain until I called the emergency number!

Thank Bob I brought our building maintenance man cookies for Christmas. As soon as the management company called him, he called me at the number I left and started laughing! Thankfully he lives only 10 minutes away!

There you have it ladies and gentlemen. The reason why I have chosen myself to be today's Waste of Space!

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 8:08 AM :: 5 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------