Celebrating Women...for the Real World
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 They Aught to Shoot the Bastard

Can anyone tell me who came up with the “Super Woman” and “Super Mom” concept? I can recall in the mid 1970’s a commercial for Enjoli perfume that was meant to promote this ideal. When I was “young and dumb” I really thought that this was cool! An “I can do everything!” attitude flourished and grew. But now, it simply sends chills down my spine when I think of that old jingle: “I can bring home the bacon; fry it up in a pan; and never, never, let you forget you’re a man.”

We have all fallen into this “pit of hell” life. Who said you MUST live your life on a schedule (and of course, keep it full), check off your daily accomplishments, and then plan for tomorrow, next week, next month, and next year while your dragging yourself to bed. Whoops….almost forgot…It’s 11:00 pm, (my scheduled potty break time). When I actually have a moment to breath, I miss the spontaneity that I used to have. Please don’t get me wrong, I’ll be the first to say that I don’t want to give up anything. I love the social interaction connected with all aspects of my life between work, play, husband’s obligations, son’s outside events and my own outside interests. I think I feel that a balance is missing and that is my quest.

Posted by Sheri & SuZan :: 4:37 PM :: 1 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------